Tickets Selling Now: Showcase and Marketplace Event 21 Feb 2019.
iLab UQ Start-Up and Student Mixer Event – 23 October.
A big thank you to UQ and the Startup team for a fantastic pitch event in a truly beautiful setting.
Summer Internships are now open !
Imagine being offered the opportunity to…
- be directly involved in some of the most exciting start up and early stage social enterprises in the country;
- gain valuable experience and further develop the practical skills you are most keen to improve;
- make a meaningful contribution to businesses that are using innovation to solve complex and systemic social and/or environmental problems;
- be immersed in an entire community of change makers with years of experience and success;
- stamp your resume with a highly regarded brand and notable program that will impress any future employer;
- be recognised and rewarded for your meaningful contribution;
… this is that opportunity!!
iLab UQ is hosting a startup and student mixer event on Tuesday 23rd of October at 6:00pm, where entrepreneurs from the current IA9 program will pitch their social enterprise models and share the internship opportunities that they are offering.
Historically, the Accelerator Program has hosted mainly South-East Queensland participants however we have welcomed applicants from Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, Mackay, Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide. Additionally, we have introduced two new themes to complement the Social Enterprises stream ie Health and Eco which brings a variety of interests to the cohort, with mental health enterprises being a focus for five of our entrepreneurs.
Your toughest decision will be which social enterprise to apply for!!
All previous Internship Pitch Events have delivered…
- a fast paced series of presentations from amazing social entrepreneurs,
- the chance to individually meet each of the entrepreneurs you are interested in working with, and
- a vibrant social gathering of passionate, energetic and like-minded people who see a better future
The intern opportunities on offer cover an extensive and diverse range of roles, including but not limited to the following:
- Tech : AI / Ruby / Python
- Family Law
- Creative Web Designer
- Social Media /Content Creation
- Project Manager/Events Manager/Administration
- Fashion/Textile Design
- E-commerce / UX +/or Web Design
- Research & Applications Grant Specialist
- Electrical Engineering
- Stakeholder Management
- Impact Measurement
- Data Analyst
- Marketing / Communications
- Customer Journey capability
- Economic Analyst
The commitment expected from successful interns post the pitch event will be formalised between each enterprise and their new intern team. Most enterprises will be looking for small teams of 2 to 4 interns. It has historically worked best where interns can commit to at least 6-8 hours per week excluding the weeks that have priority commitments (i.e. exam periods, etc). What has also always been evident is that those that make the greatest commitment derive the most benefit and enjoy the valuable experience of working with inspiring social entrepreneurs.
Date: Tuesday, 23 October.
Where: The University of Queensland
Applications Now Open
for next Accelerator Programs